Instructions on this page guide reviewers on how to certify the Post Meeting Certification at the completion of a review meeting to confirm that participation in discussions about conflicted applications did not take place with the reviewer present.
Reviewers should electronically sign the Post-Meeting Conflict of Interest form in IAR to confirm that they were not present during any discussion of an application with which they had a conflict. The post-meeting COI certification must be electronically certified at the time reviewers complete their participation in the study section meeting. Paper certifications are no longer accepted.
The post-meeting COI form will be available until the end of the Edit phase.
Basic Tasks (step-by-step instructions and screenshots)*
- Post Meeting Conflict of Interest Certification (How to access and certify)
* You must be logged into IAR via eRA Commons with appropriate role(s) to complete these activities.
Click on thumbnail image to expand to full view.
Figure 1: Post-Meeting COI Certification link accessed from the three-dot ellipses icon in the Meeting column on the List of Meetings screen.
- NIH Conflict of Interest Rules - PDF-170 KB (effective January 25, 2024)
- Initial Peer Review Conflict of Interest Policy
- NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-13-010: Advance Notice: Revised Policy for Managing Conflict of Interest in the Initial Peer Review of NIH Grant and Cooperative Agreement Applications
- Grants: COI Reviewer Guidance (PDF - 36 KB)