eRA Service Desk staff are here to help with any system questions you may have, whether it is navigating the system or solving a particular issue.
Before you contact the service desk, do see if you can find your answer on our:
Did You Know?
See all Two-Factor Authentication FAQs
eRA Service Desk
Toll-free: 1-866-504-9552 (Press 1 for eRA Commons or ASSIST)
Phone: 301-402-7469 (Press 1 for eRA Commons or ASSIST)
If you need immediate help (i.e. you are within two days of a deadline or in the event of a security emergency), call us. Note that the Service Desk’s busiest hours are between 10 a.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time (closed on federal holidays)
Note: See Dealing With System Issues if a federal system issue threatens your on-time application submission.
Password Issues? See the eRA Change Password page for guidance and helpful resources.
To change your Login.gov password, see these instructions.
- eRA Commons
- eRA Commons Registration
- eRA errors and warnings
- Application Status
- Post-award administration (RPPR, xTRACT, xTrain, FCOI, etc.)
To help expedite your Service Desk request, be prepared to provide:
- Full Name of Affected User
- Full Name of Institution/Organization
- Full Grant Number (Grants.gov Tracking Number for eSubmission)
- Notice of funding opportunity (NOFO), previously referred to as funding opportunity announcement (FOA)