We are pleased to inform you that the FCOI Module in eRA Commons is moving to the new visual appearance being adopted by other eRA modules, as a result of a required technology upgrade. The refreshed screens are being rolled out Thursday, June 30, 2022. The functionality and content remain the same.
As a reminder, FCOI screens are used to manage the Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) reporting process for a particular institution by reporting the existence of identified FCOIs involving principal investigators to the granting agency. See the Overview of Financial Conflict of Interest for more information.
Highlights of New Changes
The screens will adopt the new standard features being incorporated in eRA modules, such as:
- Apps menu icon — The apps menu, located in the upper left of the new blue header, shows a dropdown menu of other eRA modules available to the user.
- Buttons — If multiple buttons exist in a row, the primary button will be prominent and the secondary ones will either be outlined or have no border, to help highlight the options that are more likely to be used.
- Header and Footer — An elegant header and footer take up less space, leaving more real estate for the functionality of the module.
- Action items — A three dot ellipsis icon, when clicked, displays a dropdown menu of action items. This icon replaces the action column. See Figure 1.
- Enhanced Table Tools — A set of tools enhances the ability to work with table data, with easier filtering and page navigation.
For an explanation of all the new look and feel features, please see Navigating and Using the UI in eRA Modules in the eRA Commons online help.
New Three-Dot Ellipsis Icon for Performing Actions
Instead of buttons in an Actions column, you now click the three-dot ellipsis icon for a record and choose actions from the menu that appears; see Figure 1.
Figure 1: Search results, showing FCOI records with a three-dot ellipsis menu.
Drag and Drop File Attachment
On FCOI record details screens, you can now drag and drop files in addition to browsing to a file on your drive; see Figure 2.
Figure 2: New FCOI details screen with drag and drop area.