What is the purpose?
The Grant Closeout (GC) module is used by agency staff to close grants and to track and monitor the status of the close-out process. It interfaces with the eRA Commons where recipients can electronically complete and submit their grant close-out documents. It also interfaces with xTrain, which is part of Commons, as fellowships that are terminated in xTrain are automatically closed in GC. Agency staff use GC to record and process the information necessary to close out a grant.
What are the features?
GC is designed to allow Agency staff to:
- Identify and auto open grants eligible for closeout.
- Request the receipt of the required closeout documents from recipient institutions.
- Track the receipt of the closeout documents, whether they are received through Commons or by email or fax.
- Close out the grant.
- Facilitate sending files to the Federal Records Center.
- Remove grants from the closeout module, if necessary.
What are the benefits?
The Grant Closeout module assists in assuring compliance with the mandated closeout requirements.
Who can use GC?
- Grants management specialists
- Division of Central Grants Processing
- Grant closeout administrator