The Status screens lets program directors/principal investigators (PD/PIs), their delegates, and signing officials (SOs) perform the following tasks securely:
- Track the status of a grant applications through the submission process. To see a list of each application status, see https://www.era.nih.gov/docs/era_status_codes.pdf.
- View all their applications as well as NoAs and other key documents
- Complete several post-submission and post-award transactions
- Access and update Human Subjects information through the Human Subjects System (HSS).
- Bypass the 2 business day viewing window for administrative supplements (SOs only); see Bypassing the 2-Business-Day Application Viewing Window for Administrative Supplements.
What you can see and do in the Status module depends on the role associated with your Commons account. For this reason, the query and results screens in the Status module behave differently per user role. Help topics for the Status module are available for both SO and PI users.
Refer to How Does an AOR or SO Check Submission Status? if you have an SO or AO role.
Refer to Status for Program Directors/Principal Investigators (PI Role) if you have a PI role.