How Do I Fill Out the RPPR Forms?
A detailed instruction guide exists online featuring additional field-by-field guidance for completing the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR). Refer to the NIH and Other PHS Agency RPPR Instruction Guide (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/rppr/rppr_instruction_guide.pdf) for completing Sections A-I of the RPPR.
Please refer to the following sections of the instruction guide when completing your report:
- Cover Page - See "Section A – Cover Page"
- Accomplishments - See "Section B – Accomplishments"
- Products - See "Section C – Products"
- Participants - See "Section D – Participants"
- Impact - See "Section E – Impact"
- Changes - See "Section F – Changes"
- Special Reporting Requirements - See "Section G – Special Reporting Requirements"
- Budget - See "Section H – Budget"
- Outcomes - See "Section I – Outcomes"
NOTE: Question B.4 of the Accomplishments section of the RPPR has a link to generate the automated Trainee Diversity Report for certain research training, career development, and research education grant types (if trainee data has been entered into xTrain). If you see the following link in the RPPR Accomplishments section, see Generate the Trainee Diversity Report for online help on the diversity report. Also see the NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-20-178 and the Electronic Trainee Diversity Report video tutorial.
NOTE: PDF uploads for the D.2.b New Senior/Key Personnel and D.2.c Changes in Other Support sections are required to be a flattened PDF. A flattened PDF is one that does not have fillable forms or other layers, such as movable images. The easiest way to flatten a PDF is to print the document, but choose the “Print to PDF” option in the Print dialog, and save to a new file name when prompted. If you attempt to upload and save a file that is not a flattened PDF, you see this error message, "Error Uploading PDF. Please ensure all files are flattened. ....".